North Shore Lacrosse FAQ'S
- Summary of Youth Teams:
- Our goal with these teams is to develop fundamental lacrosse skills and teaching players to work in a team environment. Expectations by parents should be based on their child having fun, developing skills and wanting to continue playing. We may 'travel' to play other local teams.
- All youth age groups are affiliated through the Louisiana Chapter of US Lacrosse.
- We are the high school feeder program to St. Paul's School, Chaos Lacrosse LA
- No previous experience is required for any NSLAX team at any level.
- Grades K-4, Boys and Girls: NEW this year, North Shore Lacrosse has partnered with Playmakers Indoor in Covington to offer lacrosse to Boys and Girls in grades K-4. There will be 16 sessions for $100 and ALL equipment is provided to those that do not have any. This partnership allows those players to learn all the skills necessary for lacrosse without the travel or concern of rainouts.
- Boys/Girls in Grades 5-8 |High School Girls: Our Middle School teams will remain part of the GCLC and travel along the Gulf Coast to test their skills against other GCLC teams. Registration for this group will close on 12/31 to ensure that uniforms are received in time for the season to start in February. Teams in the Western Conference include Acadiana, Baton Rouge, Lower Alabama, Mobile and Southern Elite. The registration fee is $260 for boys and $210 for girls. This fee will include practices, games and new Adidas uniforms. Players for this group are required to provide their own equipment.
- Boy's High School Team
- How to register:
- Games begin January/February 2019 through early April 2019.
- All games will be on Saturday or Saturday and Sunday
- Practices will begin week of January 8th
- Youth Boys and Girls grades K-2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 boys will practice up to two weeknights per week.
- HS girls have 2 practices per week and may have a 3rd practice.
- Youth K-4
- Practices and Games will only be at Playmakers(Covington)
- Boys & Girls Middle School and Girls High School may practice and play home games at all the below locations:
- Chappapeela Sports Park
- Coquille Park
- Pelican Park
- Playmakers (Covington)
- Age Group Determination:
- Level of play is determined by athletes Grade/Grad Year.
- Youth = grades K-2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
- High School = grades 9-12
Boys/Girls grade K-4 $100 thru Playmakers Indoor
Girls grade 5th-8th $210 (includes uniform)
Boys grade 5th-8th $260 (includes uniform)
Girls High School $210 (includes uniform)
Payment plans available - Families with financial difficulties should contact [email protected] to discuss alternate payment plans.
- What does the cost include?
- All players
- 8-10 weeks of practices (fields/equipment/insurance)
- 6+ weekends of lacrosse
- Practice pennie
- Youth Players
- Grades K-4
- Youth Goalies
- Specialized goalie equipment will be provided by North Shore Lacrosse for grade K-2, 3/4 and 5/6 Teams.
- Equipment Requirements:
- Boys and Girls grades K-4: **Players have option to provide own equipment
- Boys grades 5/6, 7/8:
- Required - Uniform, helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick, cup and mouth guard (loaner gear available)
- Girls grades 5/6, 7/8 & HS:
- Required - stick, goggles and mouth guards (loaner gear available)
- Birth Certificates:
- Age certification is done online via US Lacrosse membership.
- Boys and Girl grades K-4
- Will wear a provided reversible practice penny and players can wear whatever shorts they desire, although black is preferred.
- Youth Boys and Girls grades 5/6, 7/8, & HS Girls
- Uniforms are included in the cost of the registration
- No tryouts are required. Players will be assigned to a team by grade and gender.
- Referees are provided as required by each age group. Any referee fees are included in the club dues.
- Families will receive a full refund minus a $20 processing fee if you withdraw before January 19th. There will be no refund once games begin. Families may be refunded due to a roster-removing injury or family relocation, with the exception of the required initial down payment. The amount of refund will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- When am I contacted with team information?
- The teams will be split evenly by grade and skill level. Once the team is split you will receive an email from your athletes coach with an introduction and scheduled practice times.
- Photos are taken during the spring season. Photo packages are separate and are not part of the registration fee.