Summary of Youth Teams:
- Our goal with these teams is to develop fundamental lacrosse skills and teaching players to work in a team environment. Expectations by parents should be based on their child having fun, developing skills and wanting to continue playing. We may 'travel' to play other local teams.
- All youth age groups are affiliated through the Louisiana Chapter of US Lacrosse.
- We are the high school feeder program to the Chaos Lacrosse and St. Paul's Catholic School.
- No previous experience is required for any NSLAX team at any level.
Grades K-4, Boys/Girls: North Shore Lacrosse has partnered with Diggs Volleyball Complex in Covington for indoor field space for the K-2 players. 3/4 Grade players will utilize the outdoor field. Practices will consist of skills practice and inter-squad scrimmages, with some opportunities for the 3/4 team to play other clubs through the season. ALL equipment is provided to those that do not have any, with applicable deposit.
Grades 5-8, Boys/Girls & High School Girls: Our Middle School teams will remain part of the GCLC and travel along the Gulf Coast to test their skills against other GCLC teams. Registration for this group will close on 12/31. Teams in the Western Conference include Acadiana, Baton Rouge, Carrolton, Southern Elite, Lower Alabama, and Mobile. The registration fee is TBD at this time. This fee will include practices and games. The game jersey will be loaned to players by the club. Practice pinnie, shorts and "shooter" can be purchased on the website. Players for this group are required to provide their own equipment.
Boy's High School Team - www.chaoslaxla.com
- No tryouts are required. Players will be assigned to a team by grade and gender.
- Photos are taken during the spring season. Photo packages are separate and are not part of the registration fee.
- Practice will begin the first week of FEB.
- Games begin later in FEB and run through early MAY.
- All games will be on Saturday or Saturday and Sunday
- Youth Boys and Girls grades K-2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 boys will practice up to two weeknights per week.
- HS girls have 2 practices per week and may have a 3rd practice.
- Youth K-4: practices and games will be at below location:
- Digs Volleyball outdoor field
- Pelican Park.
- The 3/4 Grade team may participate in select events with other lacrosse clubs at locations listed below or out of town.
- Boys & Girls Middle School and Girls High School: practices and home games at all the below locations:
- Digs Volleyball outdoor field
- Pelican Park
- Pitcher JHS, Covington
- Chappapeela Sports Park
- Will be provided loaner reversible practice pinnie and players can wear whatever shorts they desire, although black is preferred.
- 5-8 Boys/ MS-HS Girls:
- Game jerseys are loaned for the season (deposit).
- Returning Players - should use shorts and practice pininies from previous year.
- New Players -
- Practice pinnies, "shooter" t-shirts and shorts can be purchased through the team store, but are not required.
- Practice pinnie may be loaned from the club if desired.
- Shorts - all black shorts are required for practice & games if not wearing team shorts.
- Games follow US Lacrosse Youth rules for each age group: Boys Rules / Girls Rules
- There is no contact for K-2 Coed.
- There are no body checks for Boys 5/6 grade and younger. Legal body checks are allowed in Boys 7/8 grade.
- Legal pushes, holds, and stick checks are permitted for Coed 3/4 grade and Boys 5/6 & 7/8.
- Referees are provided as required by each age group. Any referee fees are included in the club dues.
- Boys and Girls grades K-4: Loaner gear provided (with deposit) **Players have option to provide own equipment
- Boys grades 5/6, 7/8: Required - Uniform, helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick, cup and mouth guard
- Girls grades 5/6, 7/8 & HS: Required - Uniform, stick, goggles and mouth guards
- US Lacrosse Equipment Fit Guide